Oboe, Oboe d’amore, English horn
Soloist & Principal Oboist
Cane Processing Service - Supérieure Cane Processing™
Member: International Double Reed Society
Member: American Federation of Musicians
Member: IMSLP & contributing music Arranger/Editor
Solo performed on a Loree Royal Oboe. Demonstration sample is the oboe solo from Tschaikovsky’s Swan Lake Ballet Suite. Practice session recording. Chamber demonstration sample is from an earlier rehearsal recording of Schubert’s "Octet in F Major (D.72A)".
Sample Selections ♫
Solo performed on a Fossati Soliste Oboe d’amore. Demonstration sample was recorded during chamber rehearsal of Bach’s "Concerto in A Major" .
Sample Selections ♫
Solo performed on a Fossati Soliste English horn. Demonstration sample is from a practice session of Rossini’s "William Tell Overture".
PO Box 124, Biwabik, MN 55708
- 1962-1966 Rhadames John Angelucci (1915-1991), Principal Oboe with the Minnesota Symphony Orchestra from 1936 to 1980.
- 1960-1962 Ita Vellek (Loe), Chicago Symphony
- 1955-1959 Ruben Haugen, MacPhail Center for Music
- Graduate-University of Minnesota, business & music, and the Institute of Financial Education
- 1960-1967: Portland Chamber Ensemble, Bloomington Concert Band Ensemble and Chamber Orchestra, Metropolitan Wind Ensemble, Metropolitan Youth Symphony, University of Minnesota Orchestra, U of M Band, Augsburg College Orchestra, MacPhail Orchestra
- 1963-1969: Bloomington Symphony Orchestra, Metropolitan Wind Ensemble
- 1969-1976: Chamber and orchestra performing, recording and military service-Bandmaster/USAR
- 1977-1997: Minnetonka Symphony Orchestra, Metropolitan Wind Ensemble
- 1997-2011: Mesabi Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Ensemble of Minnesota, North Shore Philharmonic Orchestra, Northern Lights Music Festival Orchestra, Woodland Chamber
- 2012 to Present Semi-retired: cane processing business - Superieure Cane Processing, Inc., chamber ensemble music and IMSLP - contributing Arranger/Editor
Don Werdick is a professional Oboe, Oboe d’amore & English horn artist. Owns and operates the international double reed cane processing business Supérieure Cane Processing™, is an oboe Instructor, music copyist/engraver and arranger/editor, member of the American Federation of Musicians, International Double Reed Society, IMSLP and Rotary. He studied with Rhadames Angelucci, Principal Oboe, Minnesota Orchestra; Ita Loe-Vellek, Chicago Symphony; Ruben Haugen, MacPhail Center for Music; and is a graduate of the University of Minnesota. Performances as principal oboe include the North Shore Philharmonic Orchestra, Mesabi Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Ensemble of Minnesota and the Northern Lights Festival Orchestra. Prior to moving to northeastern Minnesota he performed in the Twin Cities with the Minnetonka Symphony, Bloomington Symphony and the Metropolitan Wind Ensemble. His signature pieces include Krommer's Concerto in F for Oboe and Orchestra; Marcello’s Concerto in C minor for Oboe and Strings; Telemann's Concerto for Oboe d’amore and Strings; Donizetti's Concertino for English horn and Strings. He is a retired financial institution CEO, former FDIC/RTC Assistant Director, First Federal Minneapolis management and past U.S. Army Band Director & commissioned officer. Don and his wife Donna, Author (pseudonym J. D. Wellander, www.jdwellander-books.com) live on several wooded acres in their northern Minnesota home.